To join the meeting as a guest from your computer, tablet or smartphone, use this link: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/301215037. You can also dial in using your phone: (872) 240-3212 Access Code: 301-215-037. This is the agenda for the meeting.
According to the federal law that established planning councils, their duties are to:
- Review plans provided to the Council by the State involved and to submit to the State any recommendations of the Council for modifications to the plans;
- Serve as an advocate for adults with a serious mental illness, children with a severe emotional disturbance, and other individuals with mental illnesses or emotional problems; and
- Monitor, review, and evaluate, not less than once each year, the allocation and adequacy of mental health services within the State.
- The principal State agencies with respect to mental health, education, vocational rehabilitation, criminal justice, housing, and social services;
- Public and private entities concerned with the need, planning, operation, funding, and use of mental health services and related support services;
- Adults with serious mental illnesses who are receiving (or have received) mental health services; and
- The families of such adults or families of children with emotional disturbance.
This manual gives an overview of the purpose and function of the planning council.
We encourage any of you who are interested to attend the meeting on Thursday. This is a great opportunity for leadership training graduates.