- This event has passed.
NAMIWalks Your Way Mississippi
October 9 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
Join the NAMIWalks for A United Day of Hope
Our NAMIWalks event will be a little different than what you might expect from a walk event— while making a lot of difference. It’s going to be “your way,” meaning you choose what you want to do on event day.
Our collective mental health needs are at their greatest now. One in three U.S. adults reported experiencing depression or anxiety since the pandemic began. NAMI’s programs and advocacy are needed more than ever, and with your help, we are pleased to present NAMIWalks Your Way on Saturday, October 9, 2021.
What is NAMIWalks Your Way?
On October 9, 2021, NAMIWalks will be a virtually virtual experience, united with NAMIWalks across the country. NAMIWalks Your Way means instead of putting one foot in front of the other, you get to put one feat in front of the other: participants get to use their creativity, with the main rule that we continue to advance towards our goal by leaps and bounds. The choice is yours on how you want to make this spring’s event fit into this spring’s reality.
Creativity Rules: What participants are doing on event day
– Walking 7,000+ steps for a 5K their way
– Planning a craft day with their kids
– Holding a virtual bake-off with their team
– Practicing self-care with a favorite hobby: yoga, gardening, knitting
– Doing a 5K on the treadmill or stationary bike
– Creating a safe and socially distanced stroll in their neighborhood
– Take photos and videos and share your activity on favorite social media with the link to your walk fundraising page and the hashtag #NotAlone.
Together, we can make a difference for people affected by mental illness.
The only limit of NAMIWalks Your Way is staying safe, healthy, and inspired. Share your ideas with us!
Remember: United, we insist on Mental Health for All.