YES. We do. We are a statewide network of families raising children with emotional and behavorial challenges.
Parents commonly feel alone when their child has a problem with their behavior, thinking or feelings.
Parents often wonder what they did wrong when anything happens to their child, but remember:
- Just because you feel something, it doesn’t mean it’s true.
- ALL families struggle and NO family is perfect.
- There’s hope and help regardless of what brought your child and family to this point.
- Nobody knows your child better than you do. Your expertise about your own child is one of the most valuable tools you have to help them
- You’ve already shown a lot of strength just by coming this far, reaching out, and thinking about getting some support. That same strength will help carry you through and guide you, wherever your journey with your child takes you.
Want to join with others to understand?
- Call us at 601-355-0915 or 1-800-833-9671 and talk to a parent who’s been in your shoes.
- Join Families as Allies (first you will be asked to answer some anonymous questions and then taken to our membership page) and learn about opportunities to meet and exchange ideas with other parents who are going through the same thing. It’s free. Standing together, we can make sure none of us ever feels alone. Families as Allies welcomes ALL families and children without judgment or blame.
- Follow us on Facebook and check our website often for important updates
- Check out our national partners and other local parent organizations
Want to read something encouraging? Check this out.