Here are some ways that you can make things better.
The twists and turns and ups and downs you face as a parent give you wisdom and compassion to help other families. When families come together, they can support each other and also work to improve systems and services for all children. Family run organizations, like Families as Allies help make that happen.
Here are some ways you can join with other families to make things better for ALL of our children:
- Answer some questions about what’s happened when you’ve tried to get help for your child. Your anonymous answers help us know the most important things that need to change in the state.
- Join our organization (first you will be asked to answer some anonymous questions about your experiences and then you will be directed to our membership page). You will get regular updates and be notified of opportunities to give feedback on policies and issues in the state. You will also be notified if you would like to respond when policy makers and the media contact us about different issues and families’ experiences.
- Sign up to attend Leadership Training to learn how you can be an even stronger advocate for your child as well as other families.
- Help us pass out surveys, brochures and other information in your area
- Train to be a part-time Family Partner so you can reach out in your community and help other families
- Help organize a meeting with other families in your area to share stories and experiences. Contact Henry Moore at 601-355-0915 for more information.
- Learn about current and pending legal action in the state and consider becoming involved.
- Sign up to be a member of a national family run organization like the FEDERATION OF FAMILIES FOR CHILDREN'S MENTAL HEALTH and FREDLA.
- VOTE !!!! Make sure you are registered to vote and that you know who represents you. You can find out who your local, state and federal representatives are by entering your zip code here.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY – COMMIT TO WELCOME ALL FAMILIES WITHOUT JUDGMENT OR BLAME. TOGETHER WE CAN CHANGE THE STATE FOR ALL OF OUR CHILDREN.